Westminster Abbey,London. The first Abbey was built here by Edward the Confessor in 1045. The present building was completed in 1517,although has been added to over the years. The two towers seen here were added in 1745.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- capital city
- Church of England
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- European (places and things)
- famous place
- Great Britain
- place of worship
- religious building
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Summers day
- travel destination
- United Kingdom
- Western Europe
- Westminster Abbey
- One of the western towers of Westminster Abbey,London. The first Abbey was built here by Edward the Confessor in 1045. The present building was completed in 1517,although has been added to over the years. The two towers seen here were added in 1745.
- The Henry VII chapel at the east end of Westminster Abbey,London. The first Abbey was built here by Edward the Confessor in 1045. The present building was completed between 1245 and 1517,although has been added to over the years. The Henry VII chapel was added in 1503.
- Westminster Abbey,London.
- St Paul's Cathedral from the West. Designed by Sir Christpher Wren,it was commissioned in 1668 to replace the one destroyed in the great fire of 1666. After going though several redesigns it was completed in 1708. It was struck by a bomb on October 9,1940,but survived.
- St Paul's Cathedral
- Silhouette of St Pauls Cathedral and one of the towers of Canon Street station against the evening sky.
- The West front of St Paul's Cathedral.
- Southwark Cathedral on the South Bank,next to Borough Market.
More Related Images
- St Paul's Cathedral and the Thames River, London, England, United Kingdom
- Tower of Southwark Cathedral seen from the SE.The main structure of the church was built between 1220 and 1420.It was designated as a cathedral in 1905 when the Church of England Diocese of Southwark was created.
- Temple Church is a late 12th century church originally constructed as part of a monastic complex known as the Temple, the headquarters in England of the Knights Templar.
- Buckingham Palace seen from St James's Park.
- The Shard and Southwark Cathedral Tower, London, England, United Kingdom
- View from St Paul's Cathedral, London, England, United Kingdom
- England,London,City of London. St. Paul’s Cathedral from Paternoster Square.
- Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the British monarch. The palace,originally known as Buckingham House (and still nicknamed Buck House by the royal family),was a large townhouse built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 and entered into the possession of the royal family when acquired by King George III in 1762 as a private residence.