Kenya,Marsabit,Kalacha. A mural in the Catholic church at Kalacha painted by an Ethiopian artist.
Compartir esta imagen
Obtener 50% de descuento cuando se une a nuestra lista de correo electrónico
Resolución de Internet
* Precio final basado en el uso, no en el tamaño del archivo.
- Ethiopian style religious painting in the small Catholic church at Kalacha on the edge of the Chalbi Desert.
- Fine murals decorate the interior of the rock hewn church of Yohannes Maequddi, a two hour walk from Degum on a plateau of the Gheralta Mountains east of Debretsion.The spacious rectangular interior is best known for its ancient, well-preserved murals and paintings.
- The rock hewn church of Abune Yemata in the Gheralta Mountains near Guh is renowned for its truly remarkable murals. Abune Yemata church is reached only by a hazardous ascent with tiny footholds and irregular hand grips.
- Ura Kidane Meret Church boasts some of the finest 16th century murals,most painted in the maqdas,or inner sanctuary,of any Ethiopian church.
- Ethiopia, Abraha Atsbeha, Tigray Region. The interior of the semi monolithic 10th century church of Abraha Atsbeha is richly adorned with post 17th century paintings depicting biblical scenes.
- Ethiopia, Lake Tana. Brightly-coloured murals depict religious scenes in Beta Giorgis Monastery.
- Ethiopia, Gondar, Debre Birhan Selassie Church. Ancient paintings adorn the interior of this famous church.
- Kenya,Kiambu,Kikuyu. One of the stained glass windows in the Church of the Torch near Kikuyu depicts Jesus and his flock of Kikuyu women and children in traditional attire. The church is the oldest Presbyterian church in East Africa. The first service was held there in 28th January 1909.
Más imágenes relacionadas
- Ethiopian Christmas day celebrations (Genna),Bet Maryam Church,Lalibela,Ethiopia. Holy men carry Axunite hand crosses. Cloths are used when holding these,to keep them clean. Colourful umbrellas are also an important part fo the religious symbolism employed in Ethiopia.
- At a Lake Tana church a pilgrim reads a holy text of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.
- Narga Selassi church,Isle of Dek,Lake Tana,Gondar region,Ethiopia,Africa
- Early 12th Century Frescoes in Bet Maryam, St. Mary's Church, Lalibela, Ethiopia, Africa
- Algeria, Algiers. Inside the cathedral of Sacre Coeur.
- An old Ethiopian Orthodox priest holds a large brass Coptic cross at the rock hewn church of Adadi Maryam, just south of Addis Abeba. This is the southernmost of Ethiopias rock hewn churches.
- Camels belonging to the Gabbra are loaded with water carriers and attached together in a camel train approach at a water hole on the edge of the Chalbi Desert. The Gabbra are a Cushitic tribe of nomadic pastoralists living with their herds of camels and goats around the fringe of the Chalbi Desert.
- Gabbra women dance at a gathering in the village of Kalacha. The Gabbra are a Cushitic tribe of nomadic pastoralists living with their herds of camels and goats around the fringe of the Chalbi Desert.