Black-browed albatross (diomedia melanophris).
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- black-browed albatross
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Large bird
- Scotia Sea
- South Pole
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Falkland Islands; West Point Island. Black-browed albatross (Thalassarche melanophris) in flight.
- Falkland Islands; West Point Island. Black-browed albatross incubating egg in a clifftop colony shared with rockhopper penguins.
- A Black-browed Albatross in flight. These birds are widespread in the southern seas. A single egg is hatched each year.
- A Light-mantled Sooty Albatross in flight. These birds can be distinguished from their dark-mantled cousins by the blue stripe sulcus along the lower mandible. A sighting of Sooty Albatrosses is said to bring good fortune.
- Black-Browed Albatross, Antarctica
- Tristan Da Cunha, Inaccessible Island, albatross in flight, the backdrop of dramatic volcanic cliffs, give the island its name
- Falkland Islands; West Point Island. Pair of black-browed albatross bowing and rattling bills as part of their courtship display.
- A Wandering Albatross in flight. These magnificent birds have a larger wingspan than any other bird in the world.
More Related Images
- A Southern Antarctica Fulmar in flight. These birds have a circumpolar distribution at sea.
- A Wandering Albatross in flight off Shag Rocks. These albatrosses have the largest wingspan of any living bird in the world, averaging between 8 feet and 11.5 feet
- Antarctica,Drakes Passage. A Southern Giant Petrel (Macronectes giganteus) sweeping gracefully across the stormy wind-blown waters of the Drakes Passage crossing from Antarctica to continental South America
- Antarctica,Drakes Passage. Albatross sweeping gracefully across the stormy wind-blown waters of the Drakes Passage crossing from Antarctica to continental South America
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula,a Royal Albatross (Diomedea epomophora) in flight over sunny seas
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula,preying on the young and vulnerable penguin chicks Antarctic Skuas (Catharacta antarctica) also known as Brown Skuas are the areas primary bird of prey.
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula. Antarctic Skua (Catharacta antarctica) in flight.
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula. The rare Snow Petrel (Pagodroma nivea) in flight against the back drop of clear blue skies.