Iceland. Gullfoss (Golden Falls) is a magnificient 32m high double waterfall on the White River (Hvíta). The flow of the river from the regular rains and the glacial runoff,particularly in summer,makes it the largest volume falls in Europe.
Compartir esta imagen
Obtener 50% de descuento cuando se une a nuestra lista de correo electrónico
Resolución de Internet
* Precio final basado en el uso, no en el tamaño del archivo.
Palabras clave relacionadas
- aire libre
- al aire libre
- atracción turística
- AWL Images
- canal (agua)
- cascada (caída de agua)
- círculo polar ártico
- destino turistico
- europeo (lugares y cosas)
- fotografía (arte)
- Gullfoss Waterfall
- hemisferio norte
- imagen a color
- lugar de interés
- parque nacional
- reserva natural
- sacar fotos
- White River
- Iceland. Gullfoss (Golden Falls) is a magnificient 32m high double waterfall on the White River (Hvíta). The flow of the river from the regular rains and the glacial runoff,particularly in summer,makes it the largest volume falls in Europe.
- Iceland. The active tectonic nature of the interior of Iceland has resulted in a landscape dotted with spectacular waterfalls,such as this one viewed from the top near Laugavegur.
- Iceland, Pingvellir.This is the most popular national park in Iceland.This valley is mentioned in many famous Icelandic sagas and is where one of the oldest parliamentary institutions of the world, the Althing, was founded in the year 930.The national park is a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Iceland. Geysir (sometimes known as The Great Geysir),in the Haukadalur valley,is the oldest known geyser and one of the world's most impressive examples of the phenomenon. The english word geyser to describe a spouting hot spring derives from Geysir (which itself is derived from the Icelandic verb gjosa meaning to erupt). Geysir lies on the slopes of Laugarfjall hill.
- Iceland. The interior of southern Iceland is characterised by low lying,heavily eroded mountains of volcanic origin.
- Iceland. The roads of Iceland are generally untarmacked with numerous river crossings suitable only for four wheel drive vehicles travelling in pairs.
- Iceland.The Laugavegur Ultra Marathon and Adventure race course is one of the most beautiful in Iceland, stretching from Landmannalaugar in the highlands to Thorsmork, a natural reservation area.
- Iceland,Reykjavik. The country's capital viewed from the platform on top of the Perlan,the Pearl Centre
Más imágenes relacionadas
- Iceland. In the area of Thorsmork,the slow revegetation of volcanic slopes is evident from the tenous hold the alpine plant has on the lava soil in front of an extinct volcanic cone.
- Iceland,Reykjavik. Hallgrimskirkja built to resemble a mountain of basaltic lava,the national cathedral is graced on its front,city facing,by a statue of the warrior Leifur Eriksson the discoverer of Vinland - modern day America.
- Iceland. The rural scenery of Iceland has changed very little from the time of the Vikings with most of the farmed land lying in a narrow coastal strip between the mountains and the sea.
- Iceland,Reykjavik. A breakwater and low lying island protected by a lighthouse mark the deepwater channel into Reykjavik port.
- Iceland, Reykjavik.View from the top of The Pearl which is a landmark building in Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland.It was originally designed by Ingimundur Sveinsson.Perlan is situated on the hill Oskjuhlio where there had been hot water storage tanks for decades.
- Iceland. On a stormy summers morning,a church in the countryside near Reykjavik,the country's capital,is outlined by the rising sun.
- Iceland. Signpost in the middle of Iceland's blasted volcanic interior with an extinct cinder cone in the background. Part of the Laugavegur Ultra Marathon/ Adventure race course stretching from Landmannalaugar in the highlands to Thorsmork.
- Iceland,Reykjavik. Just off the main square Austurvollur ( eastern field ),an historic church's bell tower shows the simple lines of northern european religious architecture.