Fisherman cast hand nets on the River Niger from shallow-draught boats
Compartir esta imagen
Obtener 50% de descuento cuando se une a nuestra lista de correo electrónico
Resolución de Internet
* Precio final basado en el uso, no en el tamaño del archivo.
Palabras clave relacionadas
- africano (lugares y cosas)
- africano (perteneciente a Africa)
- AWL Images
- fotografía (arte)
- imagen a color
- pesca (industria)
- pescador (hombre y mujer)
- sacar fotos
- The Turkana spear-fish in the shallow waters of Lake Turkana. The wooden shaft has a detachable metal tip with a sharp barb,which is secured to the end of a long piece of rope. Here,a fisherman waits motionlessly at the ready while standing on a raft made from four or five doum palm logs lashed together.
- With his traditional fishing basket poised,a Turkana fisherman rushes to catch a tilapia in the shallow waters of Lake Turkana. The conical shaped basket,three to four feet wide at the mouth and made from pliable sticks and twisted doum palm fronds,has a small flap at the top of the cone through which trapped fish are removed.
- Mali,Niger Inland Delta. At dusk,a Bozo fisherman casts his net in the Niger River just north of Mopti.
- Ghana,Volta region,Kpandu. A boy fishing on Lake Volta.
- A lone Turkana fisherman with his traditional fishing basket strikes an impressive pose on the shores of Lake Turkana as he waits the arrival of his companions before fishing the shallow waters for tilapia.
- As the sun rises over Lake Turkana,a group of fishermen set out with their traditional fishing baskets to catch talapia in the lake's shallow waters. These traditional methods of fishing are now rare because the introduction of small mesh gillnets has resulted in a marked decline of fish stocks close to the shore.
- Mali,Niger Inland Delta. A busy Bozo fishing village on the banks of the Niger River just north of Mopti.
- Mali,Niger Inland Delta. At dusk,Bozo fishermen fish with nets in the Niger River just north of Mopti.
Más imágenes relacionadas
- Fishermen launch their boat into the Atlantic Ocean at sunset
- Fisherman throwing his fishing net into the River Niger, Niamey, Niger, Africa
- As the sun rises over Lake Turkana, a group of fishermen fish for tilapia with their traditional fishing baskets in the lakes shallow waters. These traditional methods of fishing are now rare because the introduction of small mesh gillnets has resulted in a marked decline of fish stocks close to the shore.
- Kenya,Coast,Mombasa. A fisherman in a dugout canoe paddles past Fort Jesus and the old town of Mombasa. Only dhows - the wooden sailing vessels of the region - now use the Old Harbour.
- As the sun rises over Lake Turkana,a lone Turkana fisherman sits on his traditional fishing baskets to await the arrival of his companions before fishing the shallow waters for tilapia.
- Weighted throwing nets are commonly used to catch fish in Uganda's freshwater lakes. Here a fisherman throws his net from the prow of a wooden boat at the northern end of Lake Albert where the lake waters join the White Nile.
- Colourful fishing boats on the shore at the Plage des Pecheurs (Fishermens Beach) near the Mauritanian capital of Nouakchott. The waters off the west African nation are regarded as one of the richest fishing areas in the world.
- At daybreak,two Dassanech youths set out along the banks of the Omo River to spear-fish barbel,tilapia or Nile perch. Considerable skill and patience is required to spear fish in shallow water.