Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the British monarch. The palace,originally known as Buckingham House (and still nicknamed Buck House by the royal family),was a large townhouse built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 and entered into the posession of the royal family when acquired by King George III in 1762 as a private residence.
Compartir esta imagen
Obtener 50% de descuento cuando se une a nuestra lista de correo electrónico
Resolución de Internet
* Precio final basado en el uso, no en el tamaño del archivo.
Palabras clave relacionadas
- atracción turística
- AWL Images
- Buckingham Palace
- ciudad capital
- destino turistico
- europeo (lugares y cosas)
- fotografía (arte)
- Gran Bretaña
- imagen a color
- lugar de interés
- Reino Unido
- sacar fotos
- Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the British monarch. The palace,originally known as Buckingham House (and still nicknamed Buck House by the royal family),was a large townhouse built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 and entered into the possession of the royal family when acquired by King George III in 1762 as a private residence.
- Buckingham Palace seen from St James's Park.
- England,London. The Royal Albert Hall of Arts and Sciences is an arts venue dedicated to Queen Victoria's husband and consort,Prince Albert. It is situated in the Knightsbridge area of the City of Westminster.
- England,London. Commissioned by Queen Victoria to commemorate her late consort,Prince Albert. This large statue of Prince Albert in Hyde Park,is seated in a vast Gothic shrine. It includes a frieze with 169 carved figures,angels and virtues higher up and separate groups representing the Continents,Industrial Arts and Sciences.
- England, London.Tower Bridge was completed in 1894, after eight years of construction.When it was built, Tower Bridge was the largest and most sophisticated bascule bridge ever built.
- Statue of William III standing outside Kensington Palace.
- The orangerie at Kensington Palace.
- Trumpter at changing of the Guard
Más imágenes relacionadas
- The West front of St Paul's Cathedral.
- Tower Bridge at dawn. Construction of the bridge started in 1886 and took 8 years. The central span can be raised to allow ships to travel upriver. The bridge is close to the Tower of London,which gives it its name. It is often mistaken for London Bridge,the next bridge upstream.
- England,London. The Tower of London & Tower Bridge. The Tower of London was first built in 1078 by William the Conqueror(1066-1087) and was completed by William II who was tragically killed by Walter Tyrell in a hunting accident in the New Forest. During the Tower's history it has been a palace,prison,treasury,zoo and arsenal. The Crown Jewels are housed in the tower.
- A tour boat on the River Thames passes the Tower of London. The original entrance to Traitor's Gate can be seen on the waterline.
- Exterior of the Tower of London.
- The front courtyard of the British Museum. The museum was founded in 1753 from the private collection of Sir Hans Sloane.
- The National Gallery in Trafalgar Square.
- Big Ben seen from Westminster Bridge. Officially known as the Clock Tower and part of the Palace of Westminster,Big Ben actually refers to the bell inside. The Victorian gothic style tower is 61m high and was completed in 1858. The clock,designed by Augustus Pugin,was the biggest in the world when built.