South America, Peru, Amazonia, South Manu National Park , night sky, UNESCO World Heritage
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Milky Way
- national park
- palm tree
- South America
- star (astronomy)
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- UNESCO World Heritage Site
- South America, Peru, Amazonia, Manu National Park, UNESCO World Heritage, dugout boat on old oxbow lake
- South America, Brazil, Mato Grosso, Sao Jose do Rio Claro, the lake, main buildings at the Jardim da Amazonia jungle lodge and pousada in the Brazilian Amazon
- South America, Peru, Manu National Park, Cock of the rock
- Peru. The tropical forest near the Madre de Dios River, some 16 km from Puerto Maldonado.
- Details of palm fronds with sunburst at Finch Hatton Gorge in Eungella National Park, near Mackay, Queensland, Australia
- Trentino Alto Adige, Cherry Tree in autumn at night, under the milky way and a sky full of stars.
- Sunset on a bend of the Upper Manu River. The rivers are the highways of the Amazon. Ecotourists riding back from a day's wildlife watching are rewarded with the sight of a tropical sky reflected on the surface.
- Algae on an Amazonian oxbow lake. Over 90% of lowland forest has at one time or another been a lake or riverbed. The river bends that form oxbow lakes eventually silt up and are overgrown by swamp,bamboo and other fast growing secondary forest trees.
More Related Images
- A family of 14 capybara (Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris). These are the world's largest rodent weighing up to 140lbs (65kg). The jaguar is their main enemy.
- Giant river otters (Pteronura brasiliensis). These grow to over 6 feet (1.8m) long. They hunt in family groups and are known as river wolves. They are one of the rarest mammals on the planet due to having been hunted for their pelts. An adult male basks in the afternoon sun during the seven hours a day spent hunting for fish.
- Peru,Amazon,Amazon River. Earthwatch volunteer and scientist recording data of a land Transect in the Lago Preto Reserve. .
- Peru,Amazon,Amazon River. A liana (or Monkey Staircase) reaches down to the forest floor from the rainforest Canopy,Lago Preto Conservation Reserve,Amazon.
- Peru,Amazon,Amazon River. Philodendren leaves at the Zoological Park of Quistococha,in Iquitos.
- Peru,Amazon,Amazon River. A stand of Bamboo at the Zoological Park of Quistococha,in Iquitos.
- Peru,Amazon,Yavari River. Rain & mist on the Yavari River,Lago Preto Conservation Reserve.
- Peru,Amazon,Amazon River. Wasp nest at the Zoological Park of Quistococha,in Iquitos.