A Ugandan woman returns from her farm with bananas balanced on her head, her child slung comfortably on her back, Uganda, Africa
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (people)
- African (places and things)
- AWL Images
- baby girl
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- East Africa
- farmer (female)
- head scarf
- Lake Mutanda
- mother (human)
- Southwest Uganda
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Western Uganda
- Merti, Northern Kenya. A nomadic Somali family migrates to find new grazing in drought conditions.
- A young Pokot woman with her baby.
- Africa, Kenya, Narok County, Masai Mara. A Masai woman and baby dressed in traditional attire at her homestead.
- Kenya, Amboseli, Tortilis Camp. A mother and her toddler walk towards Kilimanjaro.
- Kenya, Nairobi. A mother and her baby feed a Rothschild's Giraffe.
- A man paddles his dugout canoe along the shore of Lake Mutanda, Uganda, Africa
- A Mursi child is carried safely in her mothers decorated leather garments.The Mursi speak a Nilotic language and have affinities with the Shilluk and Anuak of eastern Sudan.They live in a remote area of southwest Ethiopia along the Omo River.
- A Mursi mother and child.The mother shades her shaven head from the sun with a small decorated leather apron.The Mursi speak a Nilotic language and have affinities with the Shilluk and Anuak of eastern Sudan. They live in a remote area of southwest Ethiopia along the Omo River.
More Related Images
- A Nyangatom woman stands with her baby on her hip beside her grass hut in his temporary camp. Nyangatom married women wear elaborately beaded skirts which reach the ground at the back and often have panels of different coloured calkfskin sewn into the tail The Nyangatom or Bume are a Nilotic tribe of semi nomadic pastoralists who live along the banks of the Omo River in south western Ethiopia.
- A Tigray woman carries her child in a beautifully decorated leather carrier on her back.She has a cross of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church tattooed on her forehead.The people living in the highlands of Northern Ethiopia are deeply religious.
- Samburu mothers will often carry their babies in bright cotton material tied round their waists or slung on their backs with a knot over one shoulder. Sometimes,coils of brass wire will cover women's upper or lower arms; they may be wound so tightly that movement of the arm is restricted causing the biceps to gradually weaken.
- Chad, Mongo, Guera, Sahel. A Chadian Arab Nomad woman and her young children move with their possessions to new pasture.
- In the absence of river sand, Coarse building sand is mined from a cliff just outside Kisoro town, Uganda, Africa
- A young boy proudly displays his catch of the day from Lake Mutanda, Uganda, Africa
- A jovial fisherman with fishing baskets and his catch of the day, which he caught in Lake Mutanda, Uganda, Africa
- A proud young boy with his homemade wooden bicycle, which still lacks wheels, Uganda, Africa