Wooden phalluses in a basket for sale in Thimphu.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- Asian (places and things)
- AWL Images
- Bhutanese (places and things)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- East Asian
- Himalayan Country
- retail store
- South Asian
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Bhutanese fabric belts hanging up in a shop in Thimphu.
- Bhutanese fabric belts used to secure a lady's kira around her waist, hanging up for sale in a shop.
- A stunning piece of woven material, with a modern design, to be used for a lady's traditional kira, the national dress for Bhutanese women.
- A stunning piece of woven material, to be used for a lady's traditional kira, the national dress for Bhutanese women.
- Traditional knee-length boots known as Tsholham, worn by Bhutanese men during important ceremonial occasions, for sale in a shop in Thimphu.
- Bhutanese fabrics stacked up in a shop, Thimphu.
- A shopkeeper in a general store in Thimphu.
- Colourful fabrics for ladies' kiras for sale in a shop in Jakar, Bumthang Valley.
More Related Images
- Man trying on a Layap conical bamboo hat, traditionally worn by the ladies of Laya, in a shop in Jakar.
- Dried river weed for sale, used to make riverweed soup.
- Phallus decoration on the wall of a house in Thimphu.
- Wooden phalluses are used in agricultural fields as a scarecrow when the crops start sprouting, and also as a fertility symbol, as seen here in a buckwheat field in the Chokhor Valley.
- Phallus decoration on the wall of a shop in Sopsokha village, close to Chimi Lhakhang.
- Phallus decoration on wall of appropriately named restaurant in the appropriately named village of Nobding.
- Phallus decoration on the walls of a house in the Chumey Valley.
- Fluttering prayer flags adorn a wooden bridge spanning the Wang Chhu River in Thimphu.