Russia, St Petersburg. A magnificent ceiling painting in St Isaac's Cathedral. St Petersburg, Russia.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- Church of St Isaac of Dalmatia
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Eastern Europe
- East Europe
- European (places and things)
- gold color
- painting (fine art)
- religious building
- religious site
- Russian (places and things)
- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Soviet Union
- St Isaac
- St Isaac's Cathedral
- st isaacs cathedral
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Russia
- travel destination
- Russia, St Petersburg, St Isaac's Cathedral. The Virgin in Majesty (1847), the fresco that adorns the inside of the St Isaac's Cathedral s cupola, was created by Karl Bryullov and covers an area of 816 sq m (8,780 sq ft).
- Russia, St Petersburg, St Isaac's Cathedral. Detail from Birth of the Virgin, Our Lady' mosaic in St Isaac's Cathedral.
- St Nicholas' Cathedral, built between 1753 and 1762 for the use of sailors and navy employees, is a fine example of Russian baroque architecture. St Petersburg, Russia.
- Russia, St Petersburg, Hermitage Museum. Catherine the Great was so impressed by engravings of Raphael's frescoes in the Vatican that in 1787, she commissioned Giacomo Quarenghi to create a copy of a Vatican Gallery, known at the Raphael Loggia.
- Russia, St Petersburg, Hermitage Museum. A stunning alcove in the Pavilion Room, designed by Andrei Stakenschneider in 1858.
- Russia, St Petersburg, Catherine Palace, Tsarskoe Selo. The lavish imperial palace at Tsarskoe Selo was designed by Rastrelli in1752 for Tsarina Elizabeth. She named it the Catherine Palace in honour of her mother.
- Russia, St Petersburg, Catherine Palace, Tsarskoe Selo. The Cavaliers' Dining Room. The table is laid for Tsarina Elizabeth's gentlemen-in-waiting, in the refined gold and white room created by Rastrelli.
- The Trinity Cathedral, consecrated in 1835, boasts stunning blue cupolas emblazoned with golden stars. St Petersburg. Russia.
More Related Images
- Russia, St.Petersburg; The majestic St.Isaac's Cathedral built in Baroque style between 1818 and 1858 in St.Isaac's Square
- St. Michael's Church, Kiev, Ukraine, Europe
- Russia,St Petersburg,Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin). Fyodorovsky Cathedral. This was the favourite church of Tsar Nicholas II and his family while being held at the Alexander Palace and before their transportation to Siberia.
- Interior view of ornate ceiling, columns and altar in Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral located inside the Peter and Paul Fortress, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Interior view of ornate ceiling and columns in Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral located inside the Peter and Paul Fortress, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Ceiling above the Jordan Staircase and hall, The Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Ceiling above the Jordan Staricase and hall, The Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Saint Volodymyr's Cathedral, Kiev, Ukraine, Europe