Myanmar, Burma, Pegu, Bago. A line of monk statues leading to Win Sein Taw Ya, the site of the world's largest reclining Buddha image, on the road between Pegu and Mudon.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- Asian (places and things)
- AWL Images
- bowl (container)
- bowl (deep bowl)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- leaning back
- Mittlerer Osten
- Mon State
- Myanmarian (places and things)
- single file
- Southeast Asia
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- travel destination
- vessel (bowl)
- Win Sein Taw Ya
- Myanmar, Burma, Inle Lake. A monk applies gold leaf to one of five buddha images, now transformed into a blob by the sheer volume of gold leaf applied over the years, Phaung Daw Oo Paya.
- Myanmar, Burma, Yangon, Rangoon. Devout worshippers praying in front of golden Buddha statues, one with a halo of radiating electric light, at the Shwedagon Pagoda, Rangoon.
- Myanmar, Burma, Golden Rock, Kyaiktiyo. The Golden Rock boulder, glowing at night, balanced precariously on the edge of Mount Kyaiktiyo.
- Myanmar, Burma, Nyaungshwe. Young novice monks standing at a wooden oval window, Shwe Yaunghwe Kyaung monastery.
- Myanmar, Burma, Nyaungshwe. A trio of small Buddhas set into the temple wall, Shwe Yaunghwe Kyaung monastery, near Inle Lake.
- Myanmar, Burma, Yangon, Rangoon. The Reclining Buddha, Chaukhtatgyi Paya, in Yangon has 108 sacred symbols on the soles of his feet. Each mark describes the life of Buddha before attaining enlightenment.
- South East Asia, Myanmar, Bago, Four Figures Paya
- South East Asia, Myanmar, Bago, Kyaik Pun Paya, Gautama Buddha, 4 faces pagoda, built by King Dhammazedi in 1476
More Related Images
- South East Asia, Myanmar, Monywa, Bodhi Tataung, largest buddha statue in the world
- Myanmar, Burma, Mandalay Region, Bagan. At Manuha Paya, or pagoda, a Buddhist pilgrim pays homage to a reclining Buddha statue.
- Myanmar, Burma, Inle Lake. The crumbling and unrestored ruins at Sankar, dating back to the 1600s, on the Belu Chaung river, Inle Lake.
- Young novice monk reading the description of a golden wall painting at Wat Jong Kham monastery, Keng Tung, Burma
- Myanmar, Burma, Golden Rock, Kyaiktiyo. The Golden Rock boulder balanced precariously on the edge of Mount Kyaiktiyo.
- Myanmar, Burma, Inle Lake. Ancient Buddhist shrines, stupas and pagodas at Shwe Inn Thein Paya, Indein, on the shores of Lake Inle.
- Myanmar, Burma, Inle Lake. Modern mixed with ancient - Buddhist shrines and pagodas at Shwe Inn Thein Paya, Indein, on the shores of Lake Inle.
- Myanmar, Burma, Nyaungshwe. Young novice monks attending the monastery scchool, Shwe Yaunghwe Kyaung monastery.