Peru, The extinct volcano, Chachani dominates the Arequipa skyline. Many buildings are built with sillar, stone mined from this volcano.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- extinct volcano
- lamp post
- Latin America
- Latin American (places and things)
- Peruvian (places and things)
- South America
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- travel destination
- Peru, A tourist looks out over Arequipa to El Misti volcano from Yanahuara s mirador (scenic outlook).
- Peru, Crops growing in fertile volcanic soil beside the Chili River on the outskirts of Arequipa with extinct volcano, Chachani
- Peru, The altiplano of the Andes between Arequipa and the Colca Canyon with volcanoes of (L to R) Ampato, Sabancaya and Hualca Hualca
- Peru, The bleak altiplano of the high Andes between Arequipa and the Colca Canyon.
- Peru, Farms using pre-Inca terracing on the slopes of the magnificent Colca Canyon.
- Peru, Farms using pre-Inca terracing in the magnificent Colca Canyon with snow-capped peaks in the distance.
- Peru, Lake Lagunillas is situated in the altiplano of the Andes at an altitude of over 4,000m between Arequipa and the Colca Canyon.
- Peru, A typical scene in the high Andean Mountains from the comfort of the Andean Explorer express train (Cusco-Puno)
More Related Images
- Peru, The Inca ruins at Choq esuysuy are sited adjacent to a stream that tumbles down steep mountains from Phuyupatamarka.
- Peru, Arequipa Cathedral dominates the main square, Plaza de Armas. Built with sillar, a stone mined from the extinct Chachani volcano.
- Peru, The entrance to Museo Santury in Arequipa. Therein lies the frozen body of the Inca maiden, once sacrificed on Nevado Ampato
- Peru, Vicunas on the salt flats of the seasonal Laguna de Salinas beneath El Misti volcano near Arequipa.
- Peru, A seasonal lake on the altiplano of the high Andes between Arequipa and the Colca Canyon affords good grazing for alpacas.
- Peru, An attractive C18th church dominates the main square of Yanque, a small rural village in the Colca Canyon.
- Peru, Llamas in the bleak altiplano of the high Andes near Colca Canyon.
- Peru, Scenery in the high Andean Mountains from the comfort of the Andean Explorer express train that runs between Cusco and Puno.