Peru, The striking Guzmania bromeliad growing beside the Urubamba River near Aguas Calientes is both terrestrial and epiphytic.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- Aguas Calientes
- air plant
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Latin America
- Latin American (places and things)
- Peruvian (places and things)
- plant (botanical)
- Sacred Valley of the Incas
- South America
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- travel destination
- Urubamba River
- Urubamba Valley
- Peru, The strongly scented wax-like blossom of a Stanhopea orchid growing beside the Urubamba River.
- Peru, A Prosthechea orchid, both terrestrial and lithophytic, grows in the cloud forest beside the Urubamba River.
- Peru, Epiphytic bromeliads festoon a tree in the cloud forest of the Urubamba Valley near Choq esuysuy.
- Peru, This beautiful red-leafed bromeliad growing on a dry-stone wall at Machu Picchu captures moisture from the low clouds.
- Peru. A bromeliad growing in the tropical forest of the Amazon Basin. The best-known bromeliad is the pineapple.
- Peru, A Green-and-White Humming Bird feeding beside the Urubamba River near Aguas Calientes.
- Peru, The small town of Aguas Calientes nestles in a deep valley beside the Urubamba River, a short distance from Machu Picchu.
- Peru. A Spix s Guan in the tropical forest of the Amazon Basin. Slightly larger than a chicken, named after a C19th German explorer.
More Related Images
- Peru. A Colourful blue-and-yellow macaw in the tropical forest of the Amazon Basin.
- Peru, Clay bulls are common rooftop ornaments throughout Peru. Said to bring good luck and protect from evil spirits.
- Peru, Chesnut-breasted Coronets beside the Urubamba River near Aguas Calientes.
- Peru, Begonia veitchi with its bright flowers is adapted to high altitudes and is typically found in rocky positions around Machu Picchu.
- Peru, The Inca ruins at Choq esuysuy are sited adjacent to a stream that tumbles down steep mountains from Phuyupatamarka.
- Peru. A Blue-crowned Trogan photographed high in the canopy of the lush, tropical forests of the Amazon Basin.
- Peru. A Squirrel monkey in the lush, tropical forest of the Amazon Basin.
- Peru. A brilliant Scarlet macaw in the tropical forest of the Amazon Basin.