One of the four Isole Borromee in Lake Maggiore all can be visited by ferry from Stresa. A Baroque collection of buildings and gardens commissioned by Count Carlo III Borromee for his wife Isabella in the seventeeth century near Stresa.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- Baroque architecture
- Borromean Islands
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- European (places and things)
- Isola Bella
- Lagos (Portugal)
- Lake Maggiore
- Mediteranean Country
- South European
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Western Europe
- View of Lake Maggiore showing typical red roofs and snow capped mountains.
- Europe, Italy, Lombardy, Lakes District, Isola Bella, Borromean Islands on Lake Maggiore, chateaux
- Europe, Italy, Lombardy, Lakes District, Isola Bella, Borromean Islands on Lake Maggiore
- West side of Lake Maggiore showing snow capped mountains and the town of Baveno. Queen Victoria stayed here at the Villa Clara.
- Borromean Islands, lake Maggiore, Piedmont, Italy. Aerial view over the lake and the islands.
- Europe, Italy, Lombardy, Lakes District, Isola Superiore, Borromean Islands on Lake Maggiore
- Europe, Italy, Lombardy, Lakes District, boats on Lake Maggiore
- Town of Feriolo on the side of Lake Maggiore,Italy
More Related Images
- View of Peschiera Maraglio on Monte Isola the only island on Lake Iseo.
- Arriving at Bellagio by ferry situated on a promontary in the centre of Lake Como.
- View of Mont Cervinia,the Matterhorn from Lake Bleu,Italy
- Europe,Italy,Lombardia,lake Maggiore,Island fishermen
- Europe, Italy, Lombardy, Lakes District, Lake Maggiore, Cannobio, Piedmonte
- Malta,Mosta. View over Malta's central region to Mosta with its famous domed church,Santa Maria and the north coast of the island beyond.
- Italy,Sicily,Trapani. Selinunte is an abandoned ancient Greek city,with ruins of an acropolis and numerous temples. The city was founded in the seventh century BC,and effectively destroyed in 409 BC. Selinunte is located in the southwest coast of Sicily in the province of Trapani,close to the border with Agrigento province.
- Italy,Sicily,Palermo,Monreale. The Cathedral of Monreale - the interior Mosaics. The cathedral is one of the masterpieces of Norman-Sicilian architecture,begun in 1174 by William II of Sicily. The cathedral has fine copper doors by Bonanno Pisano and its interior is decorated with exceptional Byzantine mosaics.