Ghana,Volta region,Kpandu. A boy fishing on Lake Volta.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (people)
- African (places and things)
- AWL Images
- canoe (boat)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- fish (marine life)
- fishing industry
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Fisherman cast hand nets on the River Niger from shallow-draught boats
- Malawi, Lake Malawi, fishermen sailing on the open waters of this fresh water lake in handmade canoes.
- Malawi, Lake Malawi. Local fisherman in dug out canoes fishing on the freshwater lake.
- Burundi. A man fishes from a dugout canoe on the Lac des Oiseaux.
- Fishermen in Zomba, Malawi
- The Turkana spear-fish in the shallow waters of Lake Turkana. The wooden shaft has a detachable metal tip with a sharp barb,which is secured to the end of a long piece of rope. Here,a fisherman waits motionlessly at the ready while standing on a raft made from four or five doum palm logs lashed together.
- Burundi. Locals fish on the The Lac des Oiseaux which is home to numerous species of exotic birds.
- Myanmar, Inle Lake. Intha fisherman with traditional conical fish net, gently paddling his flat-bottomed boat home.
More Related Images
- As the sun rises over Lake Turkana, a group of fishermen fish for tilapia with their traditional fishing baskets in the lakes shallow waters. These traditional methods of fishing are now rare because the introduction of small mesh gillnets has resulted in a marked decline of fish stocks close to the shore.
- With his traditional fishing basket poised,a Turkana fisherman rushes to catch a tilapia in the shallow waters of Lake Turkana. The conical shaped basket,three to four feet wide at the mouth and made from pliable sticks and twisted doum palm fronds,has a small flap at the top of the cone through which trapped fish are removed.
- As the sun rises over Lake Turkana,a group of fishermen set out with their traditional fishing baskets to catch talapia in the lake's shallow waters. These traditional methods of fishing are now rare because the introduction of small mesh gillnets has resulted in a marked decline of fish stocks close to the shore.
- Mali,Niger Inland Delta. At dusk,a Bozo fisherman casts his net in the Niger River just north of Mopti.
- Boat fishing on Lake Turkana for Nile perch. Heavy lures are trawled over the known fishing areas.
- Heli-Fishing on Lake Turkana for Nile perch.
- Young boys fish from dugout canoes on Lake Mutanda with its stunning backdrop of the Virunga Volcanoes, Uganda, Africa
- Malawi, Lake Malawi. Likoma Island, on the shores of the lake a young boy tries his hand at fishing