The Old Royal Naval College,part of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site. Originally a hospital established by royal charter in 1694 for seamen and their dependents,it was later to become a training college for naval officers. It is now part of the University of Greenwich.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- building (structure)
- capital city
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- European (places and things)
- Great Britain
- Naval College
- Old Royal Naval College
- Royal Naval College
- Royal Navy
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- tourist attraction
- United Kingdom
- Western Europe
- The Old Royal Naval College,part of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site. Originally a hospital established by royal charter in 1694 for seamen and their dependents,it was later to become a training college for naval officers. It is now part of the University of Greenwich.
- View from the Royal Observatory down to the Queen's House and Old Royal Naval College at Greenwich.
- A tour boat on the River Thames passes the Tower of London. The original entrance to Traitor's Gate can be seen on the waterline.
- England, London.Tower Bridge was completed in 1894, after eight years of construction.When it was built, Tower Bridge was the largest and most sophisticated bascule bridge ever built.
- England,London. The Royal Albert Hall of Arts and Sciences is an arts venue dedicated to Queen Victoria's husband and consort,Prince Albert. It is situated in the Knightsbridge area of the City of Westminster.
- Statue of William III standing outside Kensington Palace.
- The White Tower at the Tower of London. The original entrance to Traitor's Gate can be seen on the waterline.
- Exterior of the Tower of London.
More Related Images
- England,London. Commissioned by Queen Victoria to commemorate her late consort,Prince Albert. This large statue of Prince Albert in Hyde Park,is seated in a vast Gothic shrine. It includes a frieze with 169 carved figures,angels and virtues higher up and separate groups representing the Continents,Industrial Arts and Sciences.
- The Houses of Parliament seen from Vauxhall Bridge.
- The West front of St Paul's Cathedral.
- The steps of the National Gallery on Trafalgar Square.
- Exterior of the Tower of London
- A beafeeter in traditional dress outside the Tower of London.
- Detail of the exterior of the Tower of London.
- The front courtyard of the British Museum. The museum was founded in 1753 from the private collection of Sir Hans Sloane.