Lion cubs on a buffalo kill.Cubs are born blind and will open their eyes after two weeks. They begin to eat meat at six weeks old.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- African animal
- African lion
- African Wildlife
- AWL Images
- big cat
- big cat (undomestic)
- cape buffalo
- cat (undomestic)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Feeding Time
- game reserve
- lion cub
- Lion Kill
- Maasai Mara National Reserve
- national park
- National Reserve
- Natural History
- nature reserve
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- water buffalo
- wildlife park
- wildlife reserve
- Lion cub (Panthera leo) and eland kill, Masai Mara National Reserve, Kenya, Africa.
- A lioness drinking from a muddy pool.
- A pride of lions drinks from a muddy pool in the Masai Mara Game Reserve.
- A pride of lions rests near water in the Masai Mara Game Reserve.The nucleus of any pride is a number of closely related females.
- A pride of lions moves to shelter from an approaching storm.The nucleus of any pride is a number of closely related females.
- A lioness and her cubs. For the first six to eight weeks of their lives,cub will be concealed in a thicket or rocky outcrop when their mother goes hunting. When she returns,she will call them out of hiding with a soft,throaty 'eoaw-ugh'.
- A fine maned lion.Adult male lions weigh up to 500lb. They begin to grow manes at the age of eighteen months,which will not fully develop until the age of five or six.
- A fine male lion.Adult male lions weigh up to 500lb. They begin to grow manes at the age of eighteen months,which will not fully develop until the age of five or six.
More Related Images
- A young male lion looks intently at animals grazing on the plains from his commanding position in a tree.
- Lion cub (Panthera leo) standing on an eland kill, Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya, Africa.
- Lion cub (Panthera leo) sitting on an eland kill, Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya, Africa.
- A cheetah surveys the grassy plains of Masai Mara from a termite mound. The cheetah is a fast,efficient and frequent killer of gazelles and impala. .
- South Africa,Sabi Sands Game Reserve. Male Lion (Panthera leo) eating a bushbuck kill.
- A lioness is given an enthusiastic welcome by her three cubs.
- A cheetah family on the grassy plains of Masai Mara. Cubs may stay with their mother for up to two years.The cheetah is a fast,efficient and frequent killer of gazelles and impala. .
- A lioness keeps a careful eye on her cub in the Moremi Wildlife Reserve.Moremi incorporates Chief's Island and was the first reserve in Africa to be created by indigenous Africans. Protecting the rich and diverse ecosystems of the central and eastern areas of the Okavango Delta,Moremi is the only area accessible by motor vehicle in dry weather.