A herd of elephants (Loxodonta africana) pause beneath the snowcaps of Mount Kilimanjaro (19,340 feet) and Mawenzi (16,900 feet) in Amboseli National Park.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- African elephant
- African mammal
- AWL Images
- cattle egret
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Elephant Herd
- Grassy Plain
- national park
- Nigel Pavitt
- snow capped
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- A herd of elephants (Loxodonta africana) beneath Mount Kilimanjaro,Africa's highest snow-capped mountain at 19,340 feet above sea level. Cattle egrets (Ardeola ibis) catch insects disturbed by the elephants.
- A herd of elephants (Loxodonta africana) strides out beneath Mount Kilimanjaro,Africa's highest snow-capped mountain at 19,340 feet above sea level.
- Kenya,Amboseli,Amboseli National Park. A line of elephants (Loxodonta africana) move to Amboseli swamp with majestic Mount Kilimanjaro towering in the background.
- In the late afternoon,a lone bull elephant (Loxodonta africana),strides beneath the snowcapped peak of Mount Kilimanjaro - Africa's highest mountain at 19,340 feet above sea level. Mawenzi,16,900 feet,is just visible on the left.
- A herd of elephants moves across the Amboseli plains.Elephants are gregarious,living in family groups consisting of related cows and their offspring. They are led by an old female,known as a matriarch. Sometimes,family groups met up to form large herds.
- Two lionesses (Panthera leo) prowl beneath Mount Kilimanjaro,Africa's highest snowcapped mountain at 19,340 feet above sea level.
- A herd of elephants drinks from the Uaso Nyiro River in the Samburu National Game Reserve. By taking regular mud or dust baths to keep away flies and other biting insects,elephants take on the soil colour of their own habitats.
- Kenya, Nyeri County, Aberdare National Park. A herd of African elephants come to drink at a waterhole in the Aberdare National Park in the late afternoon with Mount Kenya rising majestically in the distance.
More Related Images
- Kenya, Masai Mara, Musiara Marsh, Narok County. Elephant calves playing. Their permanent tusks emerge in their third year.
- Elephants cross the plains beyond the foothills of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africas highest snow capped mountain.
- Elephants with a backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africas highest snow capped mountain.
- Kenya,Amboseli,Amboseli National Park. A line of elephants (Loxodonta africana) moves swiftly across open country at Amboseli accompanied by cattle egrets.
- Elephants mating - January - (Loxodonta africana)
- Elephants (Loxodonta africana)
- Elephants watering in the Uaso Nyiru River.
- A herd of elephants drinks from the Uaso Nyiru River,a lifeline for wild animals and livestock in the low-lying,semi-arid regions of Maralal and Isiolo districts.