Fishermen pole their dhow out from the beach to deeper water
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- Asian (places and things)
- AWL Images
- Bazaruto Archipelago
- Benguerra Island
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- fishing industry
- Indian Ocean
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Beach front,Benguerra lodge.
- A fishing dhow sails past Benguerra Island.
- Fishermen set out at daybreak in their traditional wooden craft,called in Ki-Swahili mashua,to fish beyond the coral reef,which lies less than half a mile offshore. The reef gives them protection from the high seas of the Indian Ocean during the monsoon winds.
- Kenya,Coast,Mombasa. A fisherman in a dugout canoe paddles past Fort Jesus and the old town of Mombasa. Only dhows - the wooden sailing vessels of the region - now use the Old Harbour.
- Kenya Mombassa. An outrigger canoe sets sail from Diani Beach at sunrise.
- Mozambique, Bazaruto Archipelago. Old worn ropes at the bow of a Dhow.
- Tanzania, Zanzibar, Unguja Island, Kizimkazi. Fishermen returning with the incoming tide.
- Fishermen on Dhow Preparing to Set Sail, Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
More Related Images
- Dhows off Zanzibar Island, Tanzania
- East Africa,Tanzania. Sailing an Arab dhow in Zanzibar. A dhow is a traditional Arab sailing vessel with one or more lateen sails. It is primarily used along the coasts of the Arabian Peninsula,India,and East Africa.
- Zanzibar, Matemwe. Dhows take the morning tides out to fish.
- Mozambique, Tofo. Two fishermen walk with their nets along the beaches at Tofo.
- Mozambique, Bazaruto Archipelago. Crystal waters and shallow sandbars off Benguerra Island.
- Tanzania, Zanzibar, Unguja Island, Jambiani. Fishermen at low tide.
- East Africa; Tanzania; Zanzibar. A dhow is a traditional Arab sailing vessel with one or more lateen sails. It is primarily used along the coasts of the Arabian Peninsula,India,and East Africa.
- Poling a dhow through shallows by Benguerra Island