The 70m high minaret of the Koutoubia dominates the skyline of Marrakech. Built in the 12th century by Yakoub el-Mansour.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- high altitude
- Imperial City
- Islamic culture
- lamp post
- North Africa
- old city
- Old Town
- place of worship
- religious building
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Koutoubia Minaret
- The sub-tropical Jardin Majorelle in the Ville Nouvelle of Marrakech. Designed by the French painter Jacques Majorelle who lived here from 1922 to 1962,it is now owned by the fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent. The central blue building is also home to the Museum of Islamic Art.
- A snake charmer performs in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- The Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca is the third largest in the world after those at Mecca and Medina, and its minaret, at 210m, is the tallest of all.It was built to commemorate former king Hassan IIs 60th birthday in 1993.
- A carpet salesman displays his wares in the souq of Marrakesh
- Koutoubia minaret at dusk and Djemaa el-Fna Square. Marrakech, Morocco
- A young man sells dried fruit from his stall in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- The Palais de la Bahia was the residence of the Grand Vizier at the end of the 19th century. It's opulence aroused the envy of the Sultan,who had the palace looted on the Vizier's death.
More Related Images
- Snails for sale at one of the many food stalls that fill the Djemma el Fna in the evening.
- Koutoubia minaret at dusk. Marrakech, Morocco
- Marrakesh Place Djema El Fna Fruit Stands koutoubia minaret
- Looking towards the Petit Socco along the busy Rue as-Siaghin,the main shopping street in the old medina of Tangier.
- Families and friends enjoy an evening stroll,or paseo,under the setting sun in the courtyard of the Hassan II Mosque in Cassablanca.
- Families and friends enjoy an evening stroll,or paseo,under the setting sun in the courtyard of the Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca.
- Dawn view over Casablanca and Hassan II Mosque, Morocco
- Local Family in Place Djema El Fna Fruit Stands