The Jardin Menara provides a peaceful haven on the edge of Marrakech. Created by the Almohads in the 12th century,the pavillion was added in 1869.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- AWL Images
- building (structure)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Imperial City
- Jardin Menara
- North Africa
- old city
- Old Town
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- The sub-tropical Jardin Majorelle in the Ville Nouvelle of Marrakech. Designed by the French painter Jacques Majorelle who lived here from 1922 to 1962,it is now owned by the fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent. The central blue building is also home to the Museum of Islamic Art.
- The Palais El Baldi,built by Ahmed al-Mansour between 1578 and 1602,was reputed to be one of the most beautiful palaces in the world at the time.
- The Palais de la Bahia was the residence of the Grand Vizier at the end of the 19th century. It's opulence aroused the envy of the Sultan,who had the palace looted on the Vizier's death.
- A young man sells dried fruit from his stall in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- A traditional transvestite dancer performs in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- The 70m high minaret of the Koutoubia dominates the skyline of Marrakech. Built in the 12th century by Yakoub el-Mansour.
- Colourful spices for sale in the souq of Marrakech.
- Antiques for sale in the Souq in the old Medina of the Tangiers.
More Related Images
- A man rides a donkey cart through the streets of the old medina,Marrakech.
- Snails for sale at one of the many food stalls that fill the Djemma el Fna in the evening.
- Mint tea,Morocco's favourite drink.
- A waiter pours a glass of mint tea,Morocco's favourite drink.
- A snake charmer performs in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- A carpet salesman displays his wares in the souq of Marrakesh
- The gardens of the famous Mamounia hotel in Marrakech.
- Orange juice for sale in the Djemaa el Fna.