The sub-tropical Jardin Majorelle in the Ville Nouvelle of Marrakech. Designed by the French painter Jacques Majorelle who lived here from 1922 to 1962,it is now owned by the fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent. The central blue building is also home to the Museum of Islamic Art.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- art gallery
- AWL Images
- building (structure)
- city center
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- fashion designer
- Imperial City
- Islamic art
- Islamic culture
- Jacques Majorelle
- Jardin Majorelle
- Museum of Islamic Art
- North Africa
- old city
- Old Town
- Religious Art
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- sub tropical
- Ville Nouvelle
- Yves Saint Laurent
- The sub-tropical Jardin Majorelle in the Ville Nouvelle of Marrakech. Designed by the French painter Jacques Majorelle who lived here from 1922 to 1962,it is now owned by the fashion designer Yves Saint-Laurent. The central blue building is also home to the Museum of Islamic Art.
- The 70m high minaret of the Koutoubia dominates the skyline of Marrakech. Built in the 12th century by Yakoub el-Mansour.
- A snake charmer performs in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- A carpet salesman displays his wares in the souq of Marrakesh
- A young man sells dried fruit from his stall in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- Morocco,Marrakech,Jardin Majorelle. The Majorelle Garden is a botanical garden in Marrakech,Morocco. It was designed by the expatriate French artist Jacques Majorelle in 1924 and since 1980 the garden has been owned by Yves Saint-Laurent and Pierre Bergé.
- The Jardin Menara provides a peaceful haven on the edge of Marrakech. Created by the Almohads in the 12th century,the pavillion was added in 1869.
- The Palais de la Bahia was the residence of the Grand Vizier at the end of the 19th century. It's opulence aroused the envy of the Sultan,who had the palace looted on the Vizier's death.
More Related Images
- Antiques for sale in the Souq in the old Medina of the Tangiers.
- The Palais El Baldi,built by Ahmed al-Mansour between 1578 and 1602,was reputed to be one of the most beautiful palaces in the world at the time.
- A woman negotiates with a Grand Taxi in front of the faded Art Deco architecture of Boulevard Mohammed V,Casablanca.
- The beautifully restored Ali ben Youssef Medersa is the largest theological college in the Maghreb. Built in 1565 it once housed 900 students in the tiny rooms above the courtyard.
- Jardin Majorelle, The Majorelle Garden is a botanical garden in Marrakech, Morocco.
- A traditional transvestite dancer performs in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- Colourful spices for sale in the souq of Marrakech.
- A man rides a donkey cart through the streets of the old medina,Marrakech.