A large crowd of Malagasy people watch a zebu Savika,or rodeo,at the King's Palace,Ambositra. They take place three times a year when young men attempt to ride on the back of a bull.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- AWL Images
- Bull rodeo
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- crowd of people
- Kings palace
- Malagasy (places and things)
- Malagasy ethnicity
- Southern madagascar
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Zebu rodeo
- Zebu savika
- A large crowd of Malagasy people watch a zebu Savika,or rodeo,at the King's Palace,Ambositra. They take place three times a year when young men attempt to ride on the back of a bull.
- Typical farming country and villages near Ambositra,on the way to Soatanana,Madagascar.
- Children climb the outside ladder to the top floor of a typical double-storied house of the Betsileo people in the Southern Highlands of Madagascar.
- Rice paddies and a highland village south of Antsirabe,Madagascar.
- Typical farming country and villages near Ambositra,on the way to Antoetra,Madagascar
- A Bara woman works in her paddy fields close to the Isalo National Park. Rice is the staple food of the Malagasy people. She has put on her face a paste made from the powdered seeds and wood of a special tree to prevent sunburn.
- An attractive Malagasy home of the Betsileo people who live southwest of the capital, Antananarivo.Most houses built by the Betsileo are double storied with kitchens and living quarters located on the first floor.Livestock is often kept in the ground floor of a house overnight.
- Kenya, The start of the bi-annual donkey race along Lamu s seafront.
More Related Images
- Tanzania, Zanzibar, Stone Town. A busy scene at Zanzibars dhow harbour as fish are sold by fishermen direct from their boat.
- Tanzania, Zanzibar, Stone Town. A scene at Zanzibar s dhow harbour as people wait to buy fish from returning night fishermen
- A traditional transvestite dancer performs in the Djemaa el Fna,Marrakech.
- A Malagasy woman weaves a basket from raffia palm.
- Gathering in the rice harvest near Ambalavao. Men cut the rice while women and children bundle and carry it for stacking.
- A young Malagasy boy plays with his homemade toy outside his home,a typical Betsileo double-storied house of the southern highlands of Madagascar.
- Malagasy woman pound corn in traditional wooden pestles and mortars outside a typical Betsileo double-storied house of the southern highlands of Madagascar.
- Women pound corn beside a typical double-storied house of the Betsileo people in the Southern Highlands of Madagascar.