Russia,St Petersburg. Bell Tower of St Nicholas Cathedral.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- bell tower
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Eastern Europe
- East Europe
- European (places and things)
- gold color
- multi colored
- Soviet Union
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- St Petersburg
- tourist attraction
- Russia,St Petersburg. Spire of the Admiralty Building.
- Russia,St Petersburg. The Church on Spilt Blood.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Church of St Simeon and St Anna on Belinskovo St.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Spire of the Michael Fortress.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Main entrance to the Saint Hermitage Museum or Winter Palace.
- Russia,St Petersburg. The Peter and Paul Fortress.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Astoria Hotel.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Buildings on the Fontanka River.
More Related Images
- Russia,St Petersburg. Statue of Nicholas First in St Isaac's Square.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Statue on the Admiralty Building.
- Russia; St Petersburg; Moika Canal. View across the Moika Canal. The dome of St Isaac's Cathedral visible above the houses.
- Russia; St Petersburg; St Nicholas Cathedral. Construction of the St Nicholas Cathedral began in 1753 under orders of Empress Elizabeth and the alter was consecrated in 1760. It officially became a naval cathedral by order of Catherine the Great and remains one of the most striking examples of baroque architecture in the city.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Mikhailovsky (St Michael's) Castle - built for Emperor Paul 1 as a place of refuge and security and surrounded by water for added protection,ironically it was here that he was murdered in his bedroom by a group of officers in 1801. Today it forms part of the State Russian Museum.
- Russia,St Petersburg,Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin). Catherine Palace was commissioned by the Empress Elizabeth and built by the Italian architect Rastrelli,and was finally finished in 1756. During the reign of Catherine the Great,the interior of one wing was redesigned by the Scottish architect Charles Cameron who also constructed a number of additional buildings in the extensive park.
- The Griboyedov Canal and the Church on Spilled Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Russia,St Petersburg,Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin). Fyodorovsky Cathedral. This was the favourite church of Tsar Nicholas II and his family while being held at the Alexander Palace and before their transportation to Siberia.