Russia,St Petersburg. Church of St Simeon and St Anna on Belinskovo St.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- bell tower
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Eastern Europe
- East Europe
- European (places and things)
- multi colored
- Soviet Union
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- St Petersburg
- tourist attraction
- Russia,St Petersburg. The Church on Spilt Blood.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Bell Tower of St Nicholas Cathedral.
- Russia; St Petersburg; St Nicholas Cathedral. Construction of the St Nicholas Cathedral began in 1753 under orders of Empress Elizabeth and the alter was consecrated in 1760. It officially became a naval cathedral by order of Catherine the Great and remains one of the most striking examples of baroque architecture in the city.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Mikhailovsky (St Michael's) Castle - built for Emperor Paul 1 as a place of refuge and security and surrounded by water for added protection,ironically it was here that he was murdered in his bedroom by a group of officers in 1801. Today it forms part of the State Russian Museum.
- Russia,White Sea,Solovetsky Islands. Roof of the Saviour Transfiguration Cathedral.
- Russia,Karelia,Lake Onega,Kizhi Island. Roof of the Church of the Transfiguration.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Buildings on the Fontanka River.
- Russia,St Petersburg. The Peter and Paul Fortress.
More Related Images
- Russia,St Petersburg. Statue on the Admiralty Building.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Spire of the Admiralty Building.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Main entrance to the Saint Hermitage Museum or Winter Palace.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Spire of the Michael Fortress.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Astoria Hotel.
- Russia,St Petersburg,Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin). Fyodorovsky Cathedral. This was the favourite church of Tsar Nicholas II and his family while being held at the Alexander Palace and before their transportation to Siberia.
- Russia; St Petersburg; Moika Canal. View across the Moika Canal. The dome of St Isaac's Cathedral visible above the houses.
- Russia,St Petersburg,Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin). Catherine Palace - The Grotto. Designed by Rastrelli,the Grotto is situated at the north end of the great pond in the park of the Catherine Palace.