Russia,St Petersburg. The Peter and Paul Fortress.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Domenico Trezzini
- Eastern Europe
- East Europe
- European (places and things)
- Neva River
- Soviet Union
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- St Petersburg
- tourist attraction
- Russia,St Petersburg. Bell Tower of St Nicholas Cathedral.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Spire of the Michael Fortress.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Mikhailovsky (St Michael's) Castle - built for Emperor Paul 1 as a place of refuge and security and surrounded by water for added protection,ironically it was here that he was murdered in his bedroom by a group of officers in 1801. Today it forms part of the State Russian Museum.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Buildings on the Fontanka River.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Church of St Simeon and St Anna on Belinskovo St.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Spire of the Admiralty Building.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Main entrance to the Saint Hermitage Museum or Winter Palace.
- Russia,St Petersburg. The Church on Spilt Blood.
More Related Images
- Russia,St Petersburg. Astoria Hotel.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Statue of Nicholas First in St Isaac's Square.
- Russia,St Petersburg. Statue on the Admiralty Building.
- Russia,White Sea,Solovetsky Islands. Roof of the Saviour Transfiguration Cathedral.
- Russia,White Sea,Solovetsky Islands. The Kremlin Wall.
- Russia,White Sea,Solovetsky Islands. The Saviour Transfiguration Cathedral.
- Russia,St Petersburg. The Gardens of the Michael Palace. A pavilion on the banks of the Moika canal in the gardens of the Michael Palace,now the Russian museum of art. The Church on the Spilt Blood can be seen through the trees.
- Russia,St Petersburg,Tsarskoye Selo (Pushkin). Catherine Palace was commissioned by the Empress Elizabeth and built by the Italian architect Rastrelli,and was finally finished in 1756. During the reign of Catherine the Great,the interior of one wing was redesigned by the Scottish architect Charles Cameron who also constructed a number of additional buildings in the extensive park.