Apricots laid out in baskets to dry in the sun at Altit high above the Karakoram Highway
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- Asian (places and things)
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- dried fruit
- Karakoram Highway
- Middle East
- Middle Eastern
- Northern Pakistan
- South Asia
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- The Hunza Valley's celebrated apricots are laid out to dry in the autumnal sunshine on round trays
- A Burusho girl sorts apricots on top of a boulder,with the Hunza Valley forming a dramatic backdrop.
- Baltit Fort,one of the great sights of the Karakoram Highway
- The Monastery Complex at Takht I Bahi, Northwest Pakistan.Kushan period, Gandhara, circa 2nd century AD.
- The small Altit fort stands perched on a rock bluff overlooking the Hunza Valley on one side and Altit village on the other
- Cathedral spire mountains Passu in northern Pakistan
- The Sacred Rock of Hunza,beside the Karakorum Highway near Karimibad,Northern Pakistan. Altit Fort just visible on the cliff in the distance.
- Northwest Pakistan. The Hunza Valley facing south from the Baltit Fort along the Hunza River. The Peak of Rakaposhi in the Karakorums is visible in the distance
More Related Images
- In the foreground are the lush orchards of the old town of Baltit and beyond to the north are the Karakorums with the peak of Ultar II visible
- Northwest Pakistan.Baltit Fort was the seat of the Hunzakut royal family until 1950s and was then abandoned.It was restored between 1992 and 1996 and is now a museum.
- The Kargah Buddha, circa 7th or 8th century.Ten kilometres from Gilgit at Kargah, a massive figure of the Buddha has been carved onto the cliff face.
- A Burusho man strolls along one of several gotsil,or irrigation channels,hewn into the side of a cliff,that flow out of Ultar Nala. Irrigation is vital for Hunza's crops and orchards.
- A Burusho girl returns home with fodder for her livestock in the Hunza Valley.
- The famous 19th-century Baltit Fort towers over the village of Karimibad and is one of the major sights of the Karakorm Highway.
- The famous 19th-century Baltit Fort towers over the village of Karimibad and is one of the major sights of the Karakorum Highway.
- The jagged peaks and bare hills of the Karakorum Range dominate the skyline of Karimabad. The Baltit Fort towers over the village.