Nizwa mosque,Nizwa,Oman. One of the oldest and most famous forts in Oman is the one at Nizwa. Built in the 17th century at a strategic location,it controlled the routes from the Sunmail Gap to the Interior. It took over 30 years to build this single solid stucture. The mosque is next door to the fort.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- 17th century
- Arabian Peninsula
- Asian (places and things)
- AWL Images
- building (structure)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- date palm
- Islamic culture
- Middle East
- Middle Eastern
- Middle Eastern (places and things)
- Nizwa Mosque
- religious building
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- tourist attraction
- Jabrin Fort, Oman.Jabrin fort was built around 1670 by the Imam Bil srab during the Ya ruba dynasty.For a while, it was the Imams capital and an important seat of learning.
- Turkey, Central Anatolia, Amasya, Sultan Beyazit II Camii mosque and Tombs of the Pontic Kings
- Turkey, Black Sea Coast, Uzungol alpine resort, lakeside mosque
- Turkey, Central Anatolia, Sivas, Twin minarets of Cifte minare medressah and Kale camii
- Turkey, Central Anatolia, Safranbolu, Unesco World Heritage site, old Ottoman town houses and Izzet Pasar Cami mosque
- Turkey, Central Anatolia, Amasya, Sultan Beyazit II Camii mosque
- Turkey, Central Anatolia, Amasya, Nur Cami mosque
- Turkey, Central Anatolia, Ankara, Kocatepe Camii mosque
More Related Images
- Turkey, Istanbul, Bosphorus River, Suleymaniye Mosque
- Oman,Muscat. Looking across the water to the brightly lit Corniche and the Mutrah Souq area of the countries capital,a traditional bazar the souq is a warren of alleyways and lined by traditional stalls.
- Oman,Muscat,Ghala,Al Ghubrah (Grand Mosque) Mosque. The mosque,a magnificent example of modern islamic architecture,was built for the nation by Sultan Qaboos to mark the 30th year of his reign and is open,at certain times,to non-Muslims.
- The blue and gold dome and minaret of Masjid Sultan Qaboos are framed by the towers of Nizwa Fort .
- Turkey, Eastern Anatolia, Sanliurfa Urfa, Dergah, Mevlid i Halil Mosque
- Nizwa, Oman, Middle East
- Turkey, Eastern Anatolia, Kackar Mountains, mosque minaret at Yaylalar
- The massive central tower of Nizwa Fort is more than 150 feet high and took over 12 years to build in the 17th Century by Imam Sultan bin Saif bin Malik Al Ya'arubi.