Segovia's Alcazar,or fortified palace,originally dates from the 14th and 15th centuries but was virtually rebuilt following a fire in 1862. It is believed to be the model for Disneyland's Californian castle.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- European (places and things)
- Mediteranean Country
- South European
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Western Europe
- Segovia's Alcazar,or fortified palace,originally dates from the 14th and 15th centuries but was virtually rebuilt following a fire in 1862. It is believed to be the model for Disneyland's Californian castle.
- Tourists sit in front of the imposing towers of the mediaeval castle. Francisco Pizarro,the conqueror of Peru,was born here.
- Europe, United Kingdom, Wales, Caernarfon Castle
- Europe, United Kingdom, Wales, Penrhyn Castle
- The Manueline exterior of the Torre de Belem in the River Tagus
- The heavily buttressed walls of the 13th Century Castillo de Davalillo are set on a hilltop with commanding views over the Ebro Valley. Now surrounded by peaceful vineyards,it was once a strategic defensive position.
- Mosaic walls at the Alhambra Palace, Granada, Andalusia, Spain
- Wales,Gwynedd,Caernarvon. The turrets of Caernarvon Castle.
More Related Images
- Wales,Gwynedd,Caernarvon. A view from the top of Caernarvon Castle.
- India,Rajasthan,Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer Fort - balcony and tower of the main 'living' fort built in 1156 by the Bhati Rajput ruler Jaisal. It is situated on Trikuta Hill and has been the site of many battles,overlooking the main modern city spread out below it defenses.
- Walls of Fort Belvedere Forte di Belvedere
- The Rocca Scaligera at Sirmione at the southern end of the lake
- India,Rajasthan,Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer Fort - the ramparts and towers of the main 'living' fort built in 1156 by the Bhati Rajput ruler Jaisal,are situated on Trikuta Hill and has been the site of many battles but now forms the background to a sacred cow walking down the main street.
- Portugal, Alentejo, Monsaraz.Bullfighting in the hilltop village of Monsaraz, Alentejo.Monsaraz has been inhabited since prehistoric times as the Celts, Romans, Visigoths and Moors each took full advantage of the hill's defensive potential.
- Spain, Castile La Mancha, Toledo, Interior view of the Alcazar de Toledo.
- Portugal,Lisbon. The Castelo Sao Jorge in Lisbon with the Rio Tejo in the background.