A priest holds one of the church's ancient crosses.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- African (places and things)
- AWL Images
- Bet Danaghel
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- gold (precious metal)
- one man only
- Orthodox Christian
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- A priest holds a pair of the monastery's many ancient crosses.
- Ethiopia, Lalibela. A priest in one of the ancient rock-hewn churches of Lalibela.
- Ethiopia, Lalibela. A priest emerges from the ancient rock-hewn Church of Bet Giyorgis.
- Ethiopia, Lalibela. A priest emerges from an ancient rock-hewn Church.
- An old Ethiopian Orthodox priest holds a large brass Coptic cross at the rock hewn church of Adadi Maryam, just south of Addis Abeba. This is the southernmost of Ethiopias rock hewn churches.
- Ethiopia, Amhara Region, Lasta, Lalibela. At sunrise worshippers attend an early morning outside service at the famous ancient rock-hewn Church of Saint George.
- Ethiopia, Amhara Region, Lasta, Lalibela. At sunrise, worshippers attend an early morning outside service at the famous ancient rock-hewn Church of Saint George.
- A priest holds one of the monastery's ancient illuminated texts.
More Related Images
- A priest stands outside the rock-hewn church of Abune Yemata in the Gheralta Mountains near Guh.Carved into a cliff face with a sheer drop of 800 to 1,000 feet,the church is reached only by a hazardous ascent with tiny footholds and irregular hand grips. It is renowned for its truly remarkable murals.
- Orthodox priest hold cross at the ancient sunken rock-hewn church of St. George in Lalibela, Ethiopia, Africa
- Ethiopia, Abraha Atsbeha, Tigray Region. A Coptic priest outside the huge wooden doors of the semi monolithic 10th century church of Abraha Atsbeha.
- A priest at Kebran Gabriel Church shows one of its many ancient illustrated books; the church has the largest library in the Tana region.
- Ethiopia, Lalibela. Crowds gather to worship on Sunday around Bet Giyorgis.
- Ethiopia, Lalibela, Bet Giyorgis. A tourist gazes at the rock-hewn church of Bet Giyorgis.
- Priest Kies Demle in Beit Merkorios church, Lalibela, Wollo, Ethiopia, Africa
- Priests of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church pause at the entrance to the rock hewn church of Yohannes Maequddi, a two hour walk from Degum on a plateau of the Gheralta Mountains east of Debretsion.The access to the church is along a narrow cleft between glaring sandstone.