England,London. The Royal Albert Hall of Arts and Sciences is an arts venue dedicated to Queen Victoria's husband and consort,Prince Albert. It is situated in the Knightsbridge area of the City of Westminster.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- art (creative discipline)
- AWL Images
- capital city
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- cultural heritage
- European (places and things)
- fresco painting
- Great Britain
- presentation (displaying)
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- tourist attraction
- travel destination
- United Kingdom
- Western Europe
- England,London. The Royal Albert Hall of Arts and Sciences is an arts venue dedicated to Queen Victoria's husband and consort,Prince Albert. It is situated in the Knightsbridge area of the City of Westminster.
- England,London. Commissioned by Queen Victoria to commemorate her late consort,Prince Albert. This large statue of Prince Albert in Hyde Park,is seated in a vast Gothic shrine. It includes a frieze with 169 carved figures,angels and virtues higher up and separate groups representing the Continents,Industrial Arts and Sciences.
- England, London.Tower Bridge was completed in 1894, after eight years of construction.When it was built, Tower Bridge was the largest and most sophisticated bascule bridge ever built.
- England,London. The Tower of London & Tower Bridge. The Tower of London was first built in 1078 by William the Conqueror(1066-1087) and was completed by William II who was tragically killed by Walter Tyrell in a hunting accident in the New Forest. During the Tower's history it has been a palace,prison,treasury,zoo and arsenal. The Crown Jewels are housed in the tower.
- England,London. Canal Barge Festival in Little Venice,North London.
- England,London. Covent Garden - this name was given,during the reign of King John (1199-1216),to a 40-acre (16 ha) patch in the county of Middlesex.
- England,London. This narrow wedge-shaped pub is jammed against the railway line at Blackfriars. It was built in 1875 near the site of a thirteenth century Dominican Priory,which gives the area its name and was the inspiration for the pubs design.
- Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the British monarch. The palace,originally known as Buckingham House (and still nicknamed Buck House by the royal family),was a large townhouse built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 and entered into the possession of the royal family when acquired by King George III in 1762 as a private residence.
More Related Images
- England,London. Walking beside the River Thames near to Hammersmith Bridge.
- Statue of William III standing outside Kensington Palace.
- Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the British monarch. The palace,originally known as Buckingham House (and still nicknamed Buck House by the royal family),was a large townhouse built for the Duke of Buckingham in 1703 and entered into the posession of the royal family when acquired by King George III in 1762 as a private residence.
- Trumpter at changing of the Guard
- England,London. Fountain in the middle of Trafalgar Square. Added in 1845 (and substantially remodelled in 1939 by Lutyens) the two granite fountains in the Square feature mermen,mermaids and dolphins in bronze.
- London's famous Clock Tower,Big Ben,is viewed from behind another English icon - the red phone booth. Big Ben's name actually comes from the 13 tonne bell hanging inside the tower and named after its commissioner,Benjamin Hall
- Trafalgar Square and National Gallery, London, England
- The ornate face of London's iconic Clock Tower known as Big Ben. The tower actually gained its nickname from the 13 tonne bell hanging inside which was named after its commissioner Benjamin Hall.