The Tate St Ives,the provincial outpost of the famous London art gallery built in 1993,standing above Porthmeor Beach. Artists such as Barbera Hepworth and Alfred Wallace established a thriving artists' colony here in the 1920s and 1930s. The tradition still lives on today with small art galleries and artists' studios scattered around he town.
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- art gallery
- Artist Colony
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- cultural heritage
- European (places and things)
- Great Britain
- Julian Love
- modern architecture
- port (seaport)
- Saint Ives
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- United Kingdom
- WEST COUNTRY
- Western Europe
- A pair of seagulls strut along the quayside in St Ives,Cornwall.
- Boats in the harbour of St Ives,Cornwall. Once the home of one of the largest fishing fleets in Britain,the industry has since gone into decline. Tourism is now the primary industry of this popular seaside resort town.
- A group of tourists chat and eat ice creams while sitting on the quayside in St Ives,Cornwall.
- Deckchairs,the symbol of British tourism,on the quayside of St Ives,Cornwall.
- A sign warns drivers not to drive off the end of the pier in the harbour of St Ives,Cornwall.
- Lobster pots on the quayside at St Ives,Cornwall. Once the home of one of the largest fishing fleets in Britain,the industry has since gone into decline. Tourism is now the primary industry of this popular seaside resort town.
- A view over the bay of the old fishing port of St Ives,England
- A view over the bay of the old fishing port of St Ives,Cornwall,England
More Related Images
- A bronze sculpture by the renowned 20th Century British sculptress,Dame Barbara Hepworth,set in a public garden overlooking the sea at St Ives,Cornwall,England
- Overlooking the bay of the old Cornish fishing village of St Ives,Cornwall,England
- View over the rooftops of the hotels and houses surrounding the bay of the old Cornish fishing village of St Ives,Cornwall,England
- St Ives Motor boats for hire to tourists in the small harbour at St Ives,Cornwall,England
- Do Not Swim sign warns holiday makers not to swim among the surfers on Fistral Beach,Newquay
- Great Western beach,Newquay.
- Great Western bech,Newquay.
- A large period house on the waterfront at St Ives,Cornwall.