Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula,a Royal Albatross (Diomedea epomophora) in flight over sunny seas
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- Antarctic Ocean
- Antarctic Peninsula
- Antarctic Sound
- AWL Images
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Diomedea epomophora
- extreme sport
- freedom (feeling)
- going the extra mile
- Royal Albatross
- Southern continent
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Antarctica,Drakes Passage. A Southern Giant Petrel (Macronectes giganteus) sweeping gracefully across the stormy wind-blown waters of the Drakes Passage crossing from Antarctica to continental South America
- Antarctica,Drakes Passage. Albatross sweeping gracefully across the stormy wind-blown waters of the Drakes Passage crossing from Antarctica to continental South America
- Chile,Tierra del Fuego,Strait of Magellan. Storms and high winds have always made this crucially important seaway and interesting challenge for mariners but in fine weather dramatic skies and impressive sunsets are common.
- Antartica,Antarctic Peninsula. A flock of the common place Cape Petrel (Daption capense) in flight over one of the peninsula's many embayments with mountain and glacier flowing off the icecap in the background.
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula,Half Moon Bay. Wilson's Storm-Petrels (Oceanites oceanicus) 'walk on water' in the silvery calm waters of the bay feeding on plankton.
- Antarctic,Antarctic Peninsula,Hope Bay. Wilson's Storm Petrel (Oceanites oceanicus) seems to walk across the surface of the water as it searches for its favourite food - plankton.
- Antarctica, Half Moon Bay. A male colony of Antarctic Fur Seal, Arctocephalus gazella, dry off on the stony beach.
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula,preying on the young and vulnerable penguin chicks Antarctic Skuas (Catharacta antarctica) also known as Brown Skuas are the areas primary bird of prey.
More Related Images
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula. Antarctic Skua (Catharacta antarctica) in flight.
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula. The rare Snow Petrel (Pagodroma nivea) in flight against the back drop of clear blue skies.
- Antarctic,Antarctic Peninsula,Paradise Harbour. An albino Gentoo Penguin chick stands looking out to sea with the icecap in the background.
- Antarctica,Antarctic Peninsula,Paradise Harbour. A Gentoo Penguin chick (Pygoscelis papua) emerges from its down feathers into an adult's countershaded plummage.
- Falkland Islands; West Point Island. Black-browed albatross (Thalassarche melanophris) in flight.
- Antarctica, Antarctic Sound and Hope Bay, Icebergs and high catabatic winds off the Argentinan permanent base.
- Antarctica, Antarctic Penisula, Half Moon Bay, a dramatic backdrop shelters the site of a seasonal Argentinan scientific base.
- Antarctica, Antarctic Sound. Sunrise over the tabular icebergs littering Antarctic Sound