Malaysia, Terengganu, The Terengganu Stone provides the earliest evidence of Islam in Malaysia, made of granite, and inscribed with Islamic law in Sanskrit, Malay and Arabic (A.D. 1303).
Share this Image
Save 50% when you join our email list
* Final price based on usage, not file size.
- Asia Images
- Asian (places and things)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- cultural heritage
- Folk Tale
- Islamic culture
- Mittlerer Osten
- no people
- Southeast Asia
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- taking trip
- tourist attraction
- traditional object
- travel destination
- Indonesia, Banda Aceh, Grand Mosque
- Singapore, Sultan Mosque, most important Muslim building in Singapore
- Malaysia, Selangor, verses from the Koran grace the Shah Alam, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque.
- Malaysia, Selangor, Shah Alam, Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Mosque.
- Malaysia, Kota Bharu, overflow crowd of women listen to a sermon on a dusty street outside a local mosque.
- Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Muslim girls walking down a street.
- Malaysia, Kuala Terengganu, Muslims severing head of cow at Tengku Tengah Zaharah Mosque to mark Hari Raya Haji.
- Indonesia, Aceh,Banda Aceh,Muslim girl dressed in mukenahs or kerudungs (prayer robes) sits with mother at Baiturrahman Great Mosque.
More Related Images
- Malaysia, Kota Bharu, Children accompany their mothers during Friday prayer at Kubang Kerian Mosque.
- Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malay man holds a small Koran and prays.
- Indonesia, Jakarta, Worshipper wears an embroidered prayer cap, called a songkok or kopiah, at Istiqlal Mosque.
- Malaysia, Penang, Indian Muslim washing his feet in a ritual of ablution before prayers at the Kapitan Kling Mosque.
- Cambodia, Kompong Cham, Muezzin of a mosque beats a kouv (drum) to summon worshippers to Friday prayers.
- Indonesia, student clutches her Koran beneath a prayer shawl.
- Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Muslim man praying at National Mosque (Masjid Negara).
- Myanmar (Burma), Yangon (Rangoon), Students studying at a Muslim school.