Illustration of a boy looking through a telescope, seen in silhouette against the star clouds of the Milky Way. The boy is using a refracting telescope.
Save 50% when you join our email list
Super High Resolution
- color image
- color picture
- examining (scrutinize)
- Milky Way
- outer space
- silhouette (darkened or blurred object or figure)
- star (astronomy)
- starry sky
- stock picture
- work of art
- Artwork of a boy looking through a telescope, seen in silhouette against the star clouds of the Milky Way. The boy is using a refracting telescope.
- Artwork of a young girl looking through a telescope, seen in silhouette a starry night. The girl is using a reflecting telescope. In the sky, the constellation of Orion can be seen.
- Artwork of star party â€" a group of people meeting with telescopes to share their admiration of the night sky and astronomy. The people are seen in silhouette against the star clouds of the Milky Way.
- Artwork of star party â€" a group of people meeting with telescopes to share their admiration of the night sky and astronomy. The people are seen in silhouette against a large, reddened full Moon.
- This is a conceptual illustration representing space and astronomy in general. It shows the various objects that can be found in the Universe: planets, moons, stars, nebulae and galaxies. The centrepiece is a planetary nebula, the cast-off remains of a dying star. A woman in silhouette is seen looking up into space.
- Illustration of a 360-degree view of a pair of astronomers observing the night sky.
- Silhouette of boy using telescope at night, computer artwork.
- Illustration of the Milky Way's so-called Magellanic Stream. This is a stream of fast-moving gas clouds orbiting our galaxy, associated with the two small galaxies called the Magellanic Clouds. As these galaxies orbit the Milky Way, tidal forces pull stars and gas from them, forming the ribbon shaped stream. The stream stretches across 180 degrees of sky, corresponding to a length of about 180,000
More Related Images
- Red supergiant star Betelgeuse, found at the leftmost shoulder in the constellation of Orion the Hunter, is poised to explode. It is close to having exhausted its entire stock of reactionable nuclear fuel, and could go supernova any time within the next one million years. This artwork depicts this event as it might appear in the night sky, were Betelgeuse to explode in modern times. It shines an u
- Full moon, computer artwork.
- Spiral galaxy, computer artwork.
- Silhouette of telescope at night, computer artwork.
- Profile of woman with space, illustration.
- Profile of woman with moon, illustration.
- Galaxy, illustration.
- An artist's impression of the Milky Way galaxy colliding with Andromeda. Our galaxy, the Milky Way, is moving towards the Andromeda galaxy. Astronomers predict that in about 4 billion years, the two galaxies will collide and begin to merge. The Solar System's fate is uncertain. It might end up in the final, larger galaxy, orbiting further from the core than it does now, or it might be ejected into