A controlled forest burn, a deliberate fire set to create a healthier and more sustainable forest ecosystem. The prescribed burn of forest creates the right condition for regrowth.
Save 50% when you join our email list
Super High Resolution
- beauty in nature
- Changing Form
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- coniferous tree
- controlled burn
- controlling (regulate)
- Environmental conservation
- environmental issues
- evergreen tree
- fire (things burning uncontrolled)
- forest fire
- hot temperature
- natural beauty (scenic)
- natural disaster
- new life
- no people
- North America
- photographic effects
- plant (botanical)
- smoke (vapour)
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- tree trunk
- Washington State
- Wilderness Area
- windswept (not hair)
- woody plant
- A controlled forest burn, a deliberate fire set to create a healthier and more sustainable forest ecosystem. The prescribed burn of forest creates the right condition for regrowth.
- Marked trees for cutting in fire damaged national forest (from the 2012 Table Mountain fire), near Blewett Pass, Okanogan-Wenatchee NF
- Fire damaged trees and forest (from the 2012 Table Mountain Fire), Okanogan-Wenatchee NF, near Blewett Pass
- Cross section of cut Ponderosa Pine tree in recently burned forest (from the 2012 Table Mountain fire), Okanogan-Wenatchee NF, near Blewett Pass
- Silhouette of pine trees on the edge of Reflection Lakes in Mount Rainier national park. Reflections at dawn in the flat calm surface of the lake.
- Charred tree stumps and vibrant new growth, red and green foliage and plants in the forest after a fire.
- Recently logged Sitka Spruce tree in foreground, temperate rainforest in distance, Hoh Rainforest, Olympic NF
- Close up of cross section from cut Ponderosa Pine tree, tree rings visible, near Blewett Pass
More Related Images
- Burned logs and debris from clear cut forest, Olympic NF
- Recently cut logs of Sitka Spruce and Western Hemlock in lush temperate rainforest, Hoh Rainforest, Olympic NF
- A stream flowing over moss covered rocks in the Olympic National Park, in Washington State.
- Trees on the shores of a lake. A child lying down inspecting a small yellow fungi mushroom.
- A young boy standing in the forest holding a smart phone up to take a selfy or a photograph, in Olympic national park.
- Low angel view of fire damaged forest, trees and sky (from the 2012 Table Mountain Fire), Okanogan-Wenatchee NP, near Blewett Pass
- Recently clear cut rainforest, Hoh Rainforest, Olympic NF
- Flames and smoke rising from a heap of wood burning fiercely in a field near Pullman, Washington, USA