The act of one denser star using its gravity to engulf another near star is called stellar cannibalism.
Download this image for $1 or less, with a Subscription.
Save 50% when you join our email list
Extended Licenses available at Checkout:
- Consumer Merchandise$50.00
- Electronic Template$50.00
- Unlimited Print Run$50.00
- Unlimited Seat License$50.00
- Catmando (Artist)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- Earth (planet)
- outer space
- science fiction
- space art
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- vast space
- Uranus is the seventh planet in our solar system and has 27 moons and a vertical ring system.
- Galaxy Adoration, NGC 1977, is a reflection galaxy also called The Running Man Galaxy and near the Orion Nebula.
- Saturn is the sixth planet in our solar system and has planetary rings with 150 moons.
- A nebula is a collection of interstellar gasses, dust and matter in which stars are born.
- Neptune is the eight planet in our solar system and has planetary rings and a great dark spot indicating a storm on its surface.
- The Helix Nebula, NGC 7293, is a planetary nebula and was formed from the end of a star's evolution.
- An unusual nebula in the cosmos has a heart at its center.
- An exoplanet or extrasolar is a planet that orbits a sun outside the solar system.
More Related Images
- A nebula is a collection of colorful gasses, dust, stars and interstellar matter.
- A Black Hole is an area of space where gravity is so dense that light and matter are pulled into it.
- A spheroid shape emerges from the formation of a new planet as it's gravity gathers matter from surrounding rocks and debris.
- Jupiter is the largest gas giant planet in our solar system with 67 moons and has a large red spot vortex below the equator.
- There may be an unknown planet in our solar system or there may be a habitable planet out in the cosmos.
- Several asteroids hurtle toward Earth on a path of devastation and ruin.
- A star having the mass of more than 8 solar masses has a short life and ends in a supernova explosion.
- A ghostly female spirit dressed in turquoise stars spreads stars and planets throughout the universe.