Samuel Sharpe (1801-1832) on 50 Dollars 2009 Banknote from Jamaica. Slave leader behind the Jamaican Baptist War slave rebellion.
Download this image for $1 or less, with a Subscription.
Save 50% when you join our email list
Extended Licenses available at Checkout:
- Consumer Merchandise$50.00
- Electronic Template$50.00
- Unlimited Print Run$50.00
- Unlimited Seat License$50.00
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- crisp (brittle texture)
- extreme close up
- Georgios (Artist)
- hero (male)
- leader (male)
- macro photography
- North America
- paper currency
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Toussaint Louverture on 1 Gourde 1989 Banknote from Haiti. Leader of the Haitian revolution.
- Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla on 10 Pesos 1975 Banknote from Mexico. Priest and leader of the Mexican war of independence. Also known as ''father of the nation''.
- Ho Chi Minh on 200 dong 1987 banknote from Vietnam. Vietnamese revolutionary and patriotic figure, prime minister and later president of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
- General Aung San on 1 Kyat 1990 Banknote from Myanmar
- Paul Bogle (1820-1865) on 2 Dollars 1993 Banknote from Jamaica. Jamaican Baptist deacon and national hero.
- George William Gordon (1820-1865) on 10 Dollars 1994 Banknote from Jamaica. Jamaican businessman and politician. National Hero of Jamaica.
- Bernardo O'Higgins (1778-1842) on Half Escudo 1962 Banknote from Chile. Chilean independence leader who together with Jose de San Martin freed Chile from Spanish rule.
- Augusto Cesar Sandino (1895-1934) on 1000 Gordobas 1985 Banknote from Nicaragua. Nicaraguan revolutionary and leader of a rebellion against the U.S. military occupation.
More Related Images
- Jose Maria Morelos (1765-1815) on 20 Pesos 1977 Banknote from Mexico. Mexican Roman Catholic priest and revolutionary rebel leader who led the Mexican War of Independence movement, assuming its leadership after the execution of Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla in 1811.
- Antonio Jose De Sucre (1795-1830) on 5 Sucres 1988 Banknote from Ecuador. Venezuelan independence leader and one of Simon Bolivar's closest friends, generals and statesmen.
- Tupac Amaru II on 500 Intis 1987 Banknote from Peru. Leader of the indigenous uprising in 1780 against the Spanish occupation.
- Simon Bolivar on 1000 Bolivares 1998 Banknote from Venezuela. One of the most important leaders of Spanish America's successful struggle for independence.
- Mariscal Andres Avelino Caceres on 1000 Intis 1988 Banknote from Peru. National hero for leading the resistance against the Chilean occupation during the war of the pacific (1879-1883) and twice president.
- Karageorge Petrovitch on 50000 Dinara 1994 Banknote from Yugoslavia. Leader of the first Serbian uprising against the Ottoman empire.
- Juana Azurduy De Padilla on 1000 Pesos Bolivianos 1982 Banknote from Bolivia. Revolutionary and guerrilla leader during the South American war of independence at early 19th century.
- General Antonio Narino on 100 Pesos 1991 Banknote from Colombia. He was one of the early political and military leaders of the independence movement in Colombia.