Samora Moises Machel (1933-1986) on 20 Meticais 2006 Banknote from Mozambique. Mozambican military commander, revolutionary socialist leader and President of Mozambique.
Download this image for $1 or less, with a Subscription.
Save 50% when you join our email list
Extended Licenses available at Checkout:
- Consumer Merchandise$50.00
- Electronic Template$50.00
- Unlimited Print Run$50.00
- Unlimited Seat License$50.00
- African (places and things)
- color image
- color photography
- color picture
- crisp (brittle texture)
- extreme close up
- Georgios (Artist)
- leader (male)
- macro photography
- paper currency
- President (male)
- stock photograph
- stock picture
- Milton Obote (1925-2005) on 500 Shillings 1983 Banknote from Uganda. Political leader who led Uganda towards independence from the British colonial administration in 1962. He became Prime Minister during 1962-1966 and President during 1966-1971 and 1980-1985.
- Jose Eduardo dos Santos and Antonio Agostinho Neto on 500000 Kwanzas 1991 Banknote from Angola. First and second presidents of Angola.
- Mobutu on 5 nouveaux makuta 1993 banknote from Zaire. President of Zaire during 1965-1997. His bad management of Zaire's economy & personal enrichment from it made him synonymous with kleptocracy in Africa.
- Kenneth Kaunda on 5 kwacha 1980 banknote from Zambia. First President of Zambia from 1964 to 1991.
- General Aung San on 1 Kyat 1990 Banknote from Myanmar
- Julius Nyerere (1922-1999) on 1000 Shilingi 2010 Banknote from Tanzania. First President of Tanzania during 1961-1985.
- Abeid Karume (1905-1972) on 500 Shilingi 2010 Banknote from Tanzania. First President of Zanzibar.
- Mariscal Andres Avelino Caceres on 1000 Intis 1988 Banknote from Peru. National hero for leading the resistance against the Chilean occupation during the war of the pacific (1879-1883) and twice president.
More Related Images
- Kenneth Kuanda on 20 Kwacha 1990 Banknote from Zambia. First president of Zambia during 1964-1991.
- Jomo Kenyatta on 100 Shilingi 2006 Banknote from Kenya. First prime minister (1963-1964) and president (1964-1978) of Kenya.
- Ho Chi Minh on 200 dong 1987 banknote from Vietnam. Vietnamese revolutionary and patriotic figure, prime minister and later president of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam.
- Joaquim Chissano (born 1939) on 10000 Meticais 1991 Banknote from Mozambique. President of Mozambique during1986-2005.
- Eduardo Mondlane on 1000 Meticais 1991 Banknote from Mozambique. President of Mozambique during 1962-1969.
- Murtala Mohammed (1938-1976) on 20 Naira 2009 Banknote from Nigeria. Military ruler of Nigeria during 1975-1976.
- Thaddeus Kosciusko on 500 Zlotych 1988 Banknote from Poland. Polish, Belarussian and Lithuanian military leader. Led the 1794 uprising against Imperial Russia and the Kingdom of Prussia. Also fought in the American revolutionary war as a colonel in the continental army.
- Jose de San Martin on 5 Pesos 2003 Banknote from Argentina. General and prime leader of the south part of South America's successful struggle for independence against Spain.