Lightboxes are a great way to organize your picture searches by saving select images for future consideration. You can create an unlimited number of lightboxes.
Creating a Lightbox
- You must be registered to create lightboxes
- Click on the Lightboxes button at the upper right of the screen to go to the My Lightboxes page
- Click on the Create a Lightbox icon (the plus sign)
- Enter a title for the lightbox, and add any comments in the text field provided
- Click on Submit (a message bordered in yellow will confirm your action)
Activating a Lightbox
If you only have one lightbox, then it is always active
To activate a lightbox when you have multiple lightboxes:
- Go to the Lightboxes page by clicking the icon at the bottom of the screen;
- Click on the radio button in the right hand Set Active Lightboxes column;
- The title of your active lightbox is now displayed when you roll over the image thumbnails in any search result. Any image you select for a lightbox will now be placed into this lightbox.
You can deactivate any lightbox by clicking on another lightbox radio button making that lightbox the active one.
Adding a picture to a Lightbox
To add a picture to a lightbox, click on the Lightbox icon under any image thumbnail or enlargement - or drag the thumbnail image to the Lightbox button at the bottom of the screen.
Removing a picture from a Lightbox
Click on any green Lightbox icon to remove that image from the lightbox. The icon reverts to its default color.
Reviewing your Lightboxes
- Go to the My Lightboxes page
- Click on the title of the Lightbox you wish to review. A Current Lightbox page will open
- You will see the images in this lightbox displayed with larger thumbnails, and with several icons beneath them - your active Lightbox icons (one of which will have a tiny green square in it to indicate that it refers to the lightbox you’re presently looking at) plus the SimSearch® icon, the See Price icon, and the Add To Cart icon
- Clicking on an image gives you an enlargement, and automatically brings up a SimSearch® selection
Doing a SimSearch® within a Lightbox
- Click on the SimSearch® icon beneath any image in the lightbox.
- An enlargement of the image will appear at left and a row of similar images will be displayed at the bottom right of the screen. The keyword you originally used to find this image “triggers” the SimSearch ® results. You can refine or change these results by entering new keywords in the SimSearch® text field and clicking on the Refine button
- Any of these similars can be added to the lightbox you’re in by clicking on the lightbox icon beneath the thumbnail or enlargement.
- Once you’ve added or deleted any images, click on the [reload] link at the top of the page to view your revised lightbox contents.
Deleting a Lightbox
Click on the Delete a Lightbox icon (the X). Choose which lightbox to delete by selecting its name from the roll down menu.
Send Lightbox to someone else
Click on the Email Lightbox to a Friend icon (the envelope). From the roll down menu, choose the lightbox to send and enter the recipient’s e-mail address. You can also choose whether the e-mail will be seen as coming from either you personally (account holder) or from the webmaster. You can choose to permit the recipient to make changes to the lightbox, and there’s also a spot to write a message.
Renaming a Lightbox
Click on the Rename a Lightbox icon (the piece of paper), choose the lightbox you wish to rename, and enter a new title in the text field.
Add Comments to Lightbox
Click on the Add Comments to Lightbox icon (the talk balloon), choose the lightbox you wish to comment on, and enter your comments in the text field.
Navigating a Current Lightbox page
Any Current Lightbox page has left and right Manual Browse buttons and a Stop button.
|Lightbox name||Preview||Number of Images||Comments||Set Active Lightbox|